Re: Support Existing Content

Hmm I was surprised by the figures you have given,
We are interested by the size of the content to chew.

Le 2 mai 2007 à 07:10, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> Also: the HTML 4.01 spec is 375 pages printed and the HTML DOM
> Level 2 spec is 171 pages printed, for a total of 546 pages. The
> Web Apps 1.0 draft, which aims to replace both, is currently at 260
> pages printed. This is not entirely a fair comparison since the
> spec is not finished. But I would say being less than half the size
> of the last version's spec is not good evidence that the spec has
> too much in it.

So I have done a simple html2text conversion on web apps 1.0 and took
the text version for HTML 4.01 and HTML DOM Level 2

Pages printed
HTML 4.01             375
HTML DOM Level 2      171      total     546
Web Apps 1.0          260

Word Counts
HTML 4.01         104.567
HTML DOM Level 2   27.068      total 131.635
Web Apps 1.0      160.516

=> so Web Apps 1.0 is half in printed pages but with more words,
which means a lot more dense to read.

What we call in France, un "far breton".  *burp* ;)

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***