Re: Support Existing Content

Le 2 mai 2007 à 06:48, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> Regardless of who concurs or not, it is true. Split conformance
> requirements are a matter of fact, not opinion. Here is a specific
> example, from the definition of the 'img' element:
>
> <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-img>
>
> Now, it's possible to debate whether the spec goes far enough in
> splitting user agent and document requirements. But whether it does
> so at all is not debatable.

It doesn't do it in a very effective way and not very visible indeed.
Again and again,
	1. [define class of products][1]
	2. identify each categories
	3. address each categories with conformance requirements
*systematically*

1. is mostly done with maybe things missing. (on my QA review to come)
2. is not done as in
	Web browsers and other interactive user agents  -> key1
	Non-interactive presentation user agents        -> key2
3. is not done at all

Right now the specification shows a green block of text which seemed
to be the requirements and then there is text which seems
instructions. There might be improvement to write for the [how to
read the specifications][2]

I'm pretty sure there is a question of layout and labeling the
specification. That would require a refactoring. Maybe designing a
template for each individual things.

[1]: http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#conformance
[2]: http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#how-to

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/