Re: Cleaning House

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 14:00:07 +0100
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.co.uk>, James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Philip & Le Khanh <Philip-and-LeKhanh@royal-tunbridge-wells.org>, www-html@w3.org, public-html@w3.org

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>>   Without /apparent/ such, anyhow, since the WHATWG, oddly
>>   enough for a group that consist of browser vendors, appear
>>   not to read "wild" HTML ...
>
> See large-scale study of HTML in the wild cited above (although I'd love
> to see a version that is even more quantitative and links to some
> samples, or better yet a fully reproducible experiment.)

So would I. Maybe it should be a priority for the new WG to put together
an open methodology and do just that.

http://triin.net/2006/06/12/Coding_practices_of_web_pages

seems to be a start.

--