Re: Getting beyond the ping pong match (was RE: Cleaning House)

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 15:54:50 +1000
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
CC: www-html@w3.org, public-html@w3.org

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> On Sun, 6 May 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>> (For example, in my page about intellectual rights, I may well have
>>> marked parts _discussing_ copyright issues with such an attribute,
>>
>> I know you have pages discussing copyright but do you really use
>> class='copyright' for something other than copyright notices?
>
> I don't think my actual usage matters the least here. I simply presented
> a plausible example.

No, you presented a completely hypothetical example without any evidence
to show that it actually happens in reality.

It would really help if the people who are objecting to the predefined
class names could find real world evidence to support their claims of
clashes, and explain precisely what real practical problems can occur
from it.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/