Re: Cleaning House

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 03:46:29 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org
cc: www-html@w3.org

murray@muzmo.com (Murray Maloney) wrote:

>At 05:26 PM 5/5/2007 +0100, Philip & Le Khanh wrote:
>>Forgive my na\"\i vety, but which authority are you citing when
>>you make this statement ?
>
>The authority of someone with 30+ years as a technical writer,
>20+ years in SGML, HTML, XML and so on, and an original member
>of the earliest HTML Working Groups.

Ah, good old argumentum ad verecundiam. Somehow I suspect this
was not the meaning of the word “authority” Philip intended
in his query. Although, with that weight of expertise I can
understand how you might get them confused.

--
“It's not the mere technical details of inserting the live
round into the