Re: Support Existing Content

On 5 May 2007, at 13:02, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> I'm sorry, but have you actually used these two languages? They are
> vastly different. One enforces type safety, the other does not. One
> requires that you declare variables, the other does not. One does
> memory management for you, the other does not. One supports
> objects, the other does not.
>
> The only thing that is similar between them is some of the statment
> syntax and the fact that they both use {} to declare blocks.

Every day my friend.
I find it amusing when people make this sort of statement as it is
usually them that have never used the two languages to any extent.
And indeed my statement of similarity was in response to your
ridiculous statement

> Javascript was designed with exactly this issue in mind, it should
> be easy to produce content for. You can also note that javascript
> has much less draconian error handling than C and that there are a
> lot more authors of javascript code than C code.

More authors of Javascript than C ?
Come now, you must hang out in all the wrong places...