RE: Support Existing Content

Before I respond to this thread, I want to clarify two things:
1) I'm not arguing for or against draconian error handling.  I think it has a place (XML), I understand the drawbacks (Maciej laid out the main ones quite well).
2) I have a tremendous amount of respect for Maciej, and the others who've been espousing defining exhaustive error-handling behavior in the spec.

Maciej Stachowiak [mailto:mjs@apple.com] wrote:
>The spec describes what to do with every possible stream of input
>characters.

This seems like an unimaginably arrogant statement to me.  (Now you know why I said the above first.  :) )

-Chris