Re: Accessibility is for everyone (was : Use of headers and summary attributes )

On 4 May 2007, at 16:05, Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:

[...]

> At 60 years of age, my vision is not what it once was.
> I am, in comparison to my younger peers, "partially sighted".
> So if you were to re-cast your text (above) as "Blind and
> partially sighted people", "THEM" would become "US", and
> those who dismiss accessibility as only marginally relevant
> might suddenly come to realise that what is accessible to
> them today may become inaccessible tomorrow.  So let's agree
> (if we can) to do away with this "THEM"/"US" divide, and
> agree that accessibility is important to EVERYONE.  Please ?
>
> Philip Taylor

Well I myself and dependant on one eye, which currently does not
impair my usage of the web (save for some things like image
stereograms),
and I  am well aware should anything happen to my "good" eye, I would
indeed be partially sighted.

Accessibility has become a /lot/ more important to me in recent years
for this very reason.

Gareth