Re: Support Existing Content

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> OK, but what's the actual harm of doing so? Can you describe it in
> words? You've said repeatedly that you think nonconforming content is
> really bad, but you haven't once explained how its existence hurts
> anyone, or how wiping it out would help anyone.

It hurts those who want to parse HTML, but do not want to implement a
full user agent (think metadata extraction, microformats, crawling,
indexing...).

Now I understand that what's the well-defined HTML5 parsing is for... So
  this sort of proves to me that the distinction between "conformant"
and "parseable" documents really is meaningless.

Best regards, Julian