Re: Cleaning House

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 08:06:10 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org, public-html@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> The other reason I think this proposal is not a good idea is that it
> needlessly complicates browsers. Authors will have conformance checkers
> and browser developers tools that will hint them at the right solution.
> No need to change the rendering from previous versions of HTML.

Browsers can keep their rendering of B, I, etc if they so desire (and,
if the desire is not to break the display of a lot of current pages out
there, they will)...but that doesn't mean those elements need to remain
in the spec, IMHO.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/