Re: Roll-down menu

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 21:48:25 +0300
Cc: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>
To: Maurice <maurice@thymeonline.com>

On May 2, 2007, at 21:09, Maurice wrote:

> See suckerfish on alistapart.com

:hover-based menus are inaccessible with devices that don't have a
pointing device or that have a click-only hoverless pointing device.
The HTML5 draft way of letting the UA know that menus are menus
allows UAs on hoverless devices provide hoverless mechanisms for menu
navigation.

(I got rid of menus created using ALA code on a site I maintain after
I was unable to navigate the site on my Internet tablet in a meeting
about the development of the site!)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi