Re: [whatwg] <font> (was Support Existing Content)

On 5/2/07 2:59 AM, "Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis" <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Adrian Sutton wrote:
>
>> That said, by default our editor outputs the span tag version because we
>> like to follow standards and I recommend using our styles menu to apply CSS
>> classes and appropriate structural markup (headings etc). We did however
>> have to go back and add an option to output font tags because of user
>> complaints.
>
> Why did these user complaints arise? How did the end-users tell the
> difference between the span and font elements?
>
> --
> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

Yes, I'd also like to know why the complaints arose.
I can't understand why people would nag you for a font menu on a web app
when the web really only has a handful of fonts that can be used and they
don't look that different from each other.

Couldn't you have just asked them what font they wanted, along with what
size and color and give them additional style options?

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas