From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 08:51:12 -0500
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On 5/2/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> I'm aware how headers= works. I don't think your use case is one where it
> is needed though. Could you give a concrete example (maybe even in code)?

"At this stage, it appears that id and headers are the most effective
way to make complex data tables accessible. Although id and headers
are slightly more difficult to code than scope, the apparent poor
screen reader support for scope means that this is probably not an
effective accessibility option."

Source:
http://www.usability.com.au/resources/tables.cfm

Example: