RE: Mostly Harmless or Warning Label Required? [was RE: Review of Proposed Design Principles]

From: Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 21:26:33 -0400
To: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: "Doug Schepers" <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>, <public-html@w3.org>

On Tue 5/1/2007 9:15 PM John Boyer wrote:

Just so we're clear, the bit I wrote about "why bother with creating language to express 'C = A+B' when we already have 'insert assembly code here'"? was a rhetorical question in response to other people.
[...]
So I absolutely don't ascribe to principles like "Don't invent another way to say X" because there might be some very handy other ways to say X that are not so tedious as the machine language of the web that we have today.  And then, there might be other things besides X that become much easier to say that we don't find occurring on the web very often *because* they are currently too hard to say.

Good. That's what I thought you were saying. I agree completely.

cheers,
David