Re: Off-topic : response to Maciej Stachowiak in re e-mail

Philip & Le Khanh schrieb:
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
>> Every email client in the world can also read multipart/alternative
>> containing text/plain and text/html alternatives. The majority will
>> choose the text/html alternative, allowing more attractive and
>> readable content which can be better understood by accessibility tools
>> than ad-hoc ASCII art markup, while the minority of clients that can
>> only understand the text/plain alternative will choose that one.
>
> Totally off-topic, but are you /really/ arguing that one should
> send e-mail in multiple formats ?  If so, there are many who
> would protest loudly at receiving such bloated nonsense.

I must have missed your protest when Maciej and many others have sent
their mail as both HTML and plain text. ;-)

Btw, Maciej, your HTML didn't degrade very gracefully to plain text. In
particular, I didn't see any italics here: 'Why is that invariably a
better way of communicating information than using real italics:
"abused"?' I guess this answers your question partly.

--Dao