Re: missing principle

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 16:03:23 +0100
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Henk-Jan de Boer wrote:

> Philip Taylor (Webmaster) schreef op 1-5-2007 15:23:
>> In the view of many (most ?), HTML is /abused/ in e-mail.  E-mail
>> is about the communication of information, and can invariably
>> best be accomplished using text/plain.
> I think that the World Wide Web as a collection of websites is about the
> communication of information too, but on a more massive scale.
>
> Furthermore it would be unrealistic to hope that one day all use of
> HTML, or abuse as you say, will be abandonned.   [long snip]

If people want to continue to abuse HTML by embedding it in
e-mail, they are free so to do; all I am suggesting is that
HTML5+ does not need to be /designed/ for such abuses, since
those wishing to abuse HTML in that way can continue to use
HTML 4.01- (or, more likely, tag-soup) with no problems at all.

Philip Taylor