Re: Proposed Design Principles

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:44:11 +0200, T.V Raman <raman@google.com> wrote:

> As a specific example,  we need to address what should happen
> when HTML content is brought into XML vocabularies like RSS and
> ATOM --- the present situation is extremely messy.

I agree that this needs to be addressed, but I'm not sure I agree that the
present situation is extremely messy in the case of Atom. Atom defines
pretty clearly what to do and not to do about embedded languages; both XML
and non-XML based ones.

However, since (X)HTML isn't designed to be included in other languages,
it's a bit awkward since one can't begin to describe "valid" content in
such contexts, since a DTD is missing and the only content present in an
<atom:content> element is what you can put inside a (X)HTML <body> element.

Addressing this particular issue is something we need to do, but other
than that, I think Atom handles the current state of affairs just fine. If
you disagree, please elaborate.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no