Re: wow...

I suppose I'm just a bit confused ... we're already deep into
discussion, but we don't even have our co-chair set (if I'm reading
the emails correctly...).

Please don't take this as me saying we should do nothing ... but
let's pause a moment and look at our roadmap: we have nearly three
years, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, draft in June. But I'd argue for
more of an outline of what we hope to accomplish.

I'm happy to see Maciej+co. working on design principals ~ we need
them! But rather than spend all of our time at the moment jumping
into issues that we're all very passionate about, can we at least
come to some consensus on the process by which we're doing this? IRC?
Wiki? Email? Voting versus consensus?

I don't mean to criticize the current chair, as I think he's doing a
great job ~ the sheer number of people and energy is outstanding! But
in all reality, the call for this working group is only a few weeks
old ... can we calm down for a moment to catch our breath and focus
on some logistical issues regarding how the next three years are to go?

If you don't agree, that's fine. I'm only a student right now, and
this is my first experience with a working group of this nature. But
it feels like we're all over the place, and that some of us--
including myself--are already overwhelmed. Just my two cents....

With that, thanks for reading, and I hope you're all having a
wonderful day!
Benjamin Chait: benjamin.chait@gmail.com | http://benjaminchait.net
303.641.7284 | aim - riker42 | skype - benjamin.chait