Re: Brainstorming: Best of all Worlds

Fwiw, +1 for offering a declarative approach, as opposed to script-only.

Although I have yet to see why "field1 + field2" is more difficult to
authors than "$field1 + $field2". Especially when you’re starting to
create a subset of Javascript, I start to wonder whether it wouldn’t
just be better to use XPath. But I didn’t really think hard about all
the turing complete and static analysis bits, so maybe XPath has the
same issues as JS has there :).

Finally, is there a solution yet for the names conflicting with
Javascript keywords problem I indicated?

~Grauw