RE: Leading the Forefront - with IRC ! ?

Karl Dubost wrote:
> An example, I have seen people complaining that the abbr
> vs acronym issue has [been debated ad nauseam][1]. Then a
> document should collect all the arguments, examples, test
> cases and be published somewhere on W3C Web site. Next
> time, end of the discussion for the proponents by
> slapping a URI in your face. I wonder if Jukka would
> accept to give [his document][2] and/or someone in this
> group would accept to do this work.

Why not set up a MediaWiki and assign each issue a name and number (i.e.
issue id). This would distribute the load for maintaining the information to
everyone and it makes it really easy to remember what the URL would be (i.e
http://example.com/{IssueNameAndNo})?

Of course I'd also suggest letting anyone create a new issue and add to the
main list to reduce friction, and establish a protocol that people include
the issue id in the subject line when drafting a new messages on a known
issue?  (Yes, I'm repeating a prior suggestion.)

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/