Re: Leading the Forefront - with IRC ! ?

On 26/03/2007 18:15, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> I don't understand, why would you avoid it? there are more than 30
> people on IRC at this very moment. We are actively discussing all the
> time; commenting on emails, etc.

My point exactly, with my W3C Member hat on. I don't have a 100% FTE
commitment on this WG's work and I just _cannot_ follow a channel awake
24 hours a day, and read its logs, and 150 emails per week-end, and
help organizing an "html in email" workshop. Some even talk of starting
web forums for this WG.
This goes FAR beyond what a normal person can do UNLESS that normal
person is a student, has no family, no kids, or is somebody paid to work
full-time on that. So students, W3C staff and Hixie ;-) But not me.

Starting from now, and because this WG is still not entirely up and
running, I will consider all discussions here and in IRC as void
unless DanC asks us a specific question. I am totally buried under
the load of ths mailing-list.

</Daniel>