Re: Proposed requirement: don't break the Web

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 20:22 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
[...]
> Therefore I think we should adopt David's guidelines as a design
> principle,

yes, "design principle" works fine, for me.

>  whether or not it is the kind of requirement you had in
> mind. Is this worth a formal vote?

Perhaps, but this looks like the sort of thing where consensus
will emerge without formal decision-making.

The question in my mind is whether we're going to start
collecting requirements, design principles and such into a document,
perhaps for publication on http://www.w3.org/TR/ .

I'd be happy for a few volunteers to step forward
by outlines...
or does somebody want to start a wiki topic?
Would you like it if I did that?

something near http://esw.w3.org/topic/RequirementsDocument
e.g. http://esw.w3.org/topic/CategoryHtmlDesignPrinciple
with http://esw.w3.org/topic/DontBreakTheWeb in it,
or /topic/dont_break_the_Web ... sometimes some bashing
around the name is worthwhile.

> Regards,
> Maciej

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E