Re: Deprecate <acronym>

I'd add that it's also good house keeping. Two elements don't serve any
purpose, so if we're re-spec'ing the language anyway, why not drop one?

Anne's point is also a good one. For many authors, when there is such
ambiguity in the language, they may very well not bother at all. Making
HTML simpler and easier to understand (where possible) can only increase
the usage of this kind of bonus-markup.