Re: toward an issues list/agenda for the HTML WG

On Mar 22, 2007, at 8:27 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Teleconferences will be announced with 7 days notice per
> W3C process.
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/
> policies.html#GeneralMeetings
>
> Even so, when we make decisions, we'll do so...
> "allowing for remote, asynchronous participation using, for example,
> email and/or web-based survey techniques"
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#decisions
>
> That is: a proposal can be generated by a teleconference
> (or a face-to-face meeting), and then go to email (perhaps
> email that announces a survey), and then a week or so later
> I'll announce whether the proposal carried or not. Or if a
> proposal was announced a week before a meeting, I can announce
> the results during a meeting. But we won't generate and decide
> the same proposal in one meeting. We'll always allow a week or
> so of notice by email for group decisions.

I'm hoping this applies only to issues where we can't reach rough
consensus without a formal vote. I recommend that we take a vote only
if someone objects strongly enough on some point that they actually
ask for a vote. Most things we can probably work out informally.
Although for larger issues, like "should we adopt HTML5", it might be
good to have a formal vote just to clearly record the agreement.

Regards,
Maciej