Re: brainstorming: test cases, issues, goals, etc.

On 3/15/07, Jough Dempsey <jough.dempsey@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that it can often be a nightmare to work on a moving target.
>
> We should converse more openly with the WHAT WG to ascertain their
> intentions.  It's my understanding that their group was formed because there
> was no W3C working group, but now that there is, will they continue
> developing their spec. in parallel or fold their group into this one?
> -- Jough

There are many WHATWG people on this list, including the editor, Ian
Hixie.  He has already clearly indicated that WHATWG will not be
stopping work.  Given the amount of discussion happening on the WHATWG
mailing list, I have a hard time imagining any situation that could
actually freeze work.  To gauge the activity, just take a look at the
feedback on the proposed <video> element.

-Ben West