Re: New requirement - Simplifying Meta Data Profile

Hi again,

On 14-Mar-07, at 02:09 AM, sajid saiyed wrote:

> I would like to start this new thread which is about new feature
> requirement (i think). If you look at the current Meta data profiles:
>
> <META name="author" content="John Doe">
> <META name="copyright" content="&copy; 1997 Acme Corp.">
> <META name="keywords" content="corporate,guidelines,cataloging">
> <META name="date" content="1994-11-06T08:49:37+00:00">

> I feel this can be simplified to make code writing more pleasurable:
> <META author="John Doe" copyright="&copy; 1997 Acme Corp."
> keywords="corporate,guidelines,cataloging" date="1994-11-06T08:49:37
> +00:00"> Any thoughts on this?

I would be all up for that. Less clutter and more precise tagging, imo.

Was there a reason in the first place as to go for different entries
with the meta element, instead of thinking in terms of attribute for
a single meta element? The fear of unreasonnably long values maybe?

Dan, is this the kind of suggestions you had in mind for this list?

--
Denis Boudreau,
Directeur

WebConforme / AccessibilitéWeb
1751 rue Richardson, bureau 3.501
Montréal (Qc), Canada  H3K 1G6

Téléphone : +1 514-448-2650
Télécopieur : +1 514.667.2216
dboudreau@webconforme.com
blackberry@webconforme.com
http://www.webconforme.com/

Les choses changent plus lentement que l’on pense. La rapidité
des changements technologiques est tempérée par la lenteur de
leur acceptation sociale. (Michel Cartier)