Re: Preparing to launch the Forms Task Force ...

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:

> Since that will solve the specification synchronisation problem, we
> still need to solve the discussion synchronisation problem. Any ideas on
> how we might do it?

In practice it wouldn't really be a problem. The WHATWG draft is already
influenced by discusions that occur outside the WHATWG mailing lists --
for example, I frequently take into account feedback given on bug reports,
on www-html, in direct e-mail, etc. If issues are raised on public-html
that affect the WHATWG draft, I'll treat them the same way I treat issues
to the whatwg list.

If the concern is more the opposite problem -- how to make sure decisions
in the WHATWG space propagate to the HTML WG space -- then you have a
valid concern. The HTML WG charter says that we have to converge, though,
so presumably the HTML WG participants will be open to such coordination.
I've invited the chairs of the HTML WG to join the WHATWG mailing lists,
much as I have joined the HTML WG mailing list:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007JanMar/0002.html

I believe this would go a long way to helping with this convergence.