Re: HTML Design Principles to WD?

"Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> writes:
> - In section 3.7 the example "The b and i elements are widely used" is
> based on the disputed "cow paths" principle. Consider removing it.

It doesn't seem based on that principle in my reading of the section.
Specifically, it speaks to the last sentence of the first paragraph of the
section ("brevity, history, simplicity"), as well as the general idea that
pragmatism should trump semantic Purity.

Regardless, I'd not consider <b> and <i> to be good examples of Paving the
Cow Paths.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}