Re: SURVEY: Release "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4" as a W3C Working Draft? formal decision

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:47:46 +0200
To: "Sylvain Eliade" <sylvain@eliade.net>, "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:42:55 +0200, Sylvain Eliade <sylvain@eliade.net>
wrote:
> Maybe we can explain why it has been dropped in some simple words in
> the document ?

Like all other features that are missing it hasn't yet been properly
researched. The issues with accesskey that come to mind are:

  * Discovery of accesskeys
  * Device independence of accesskeys

That list is likely not exhaustive. In due course we need to address it
obviously one way or another, but it's not entirely clear what the
specification should say on the matter.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>