Re: Choosing name for XML serialization (Was: Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft (XHTML5 and XHTML2))

On 6/24/07 7:56 AM, "Craig Francis" <craig@synergycms.com> wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2007, at 11:59, Kornel Lesinski wrote:
>> I'm in favor of calling it XHTML1.5. My reasons:
>

> Just thinking of the long term though... what happens after HTML9...
> or XHTML1.9?
>
> If we are going to branch away from the XHTML groups spec, then
> perhaps we should just use a new name which wont confuse developers.
>
> Craig

I'm lost.

If html5 is the official contination of html4.x and xhtml is an xml version
of html4 and html5 will have an xml verion...why is there still a completely
separate XHTML2?

Aren't all the major browsers members of this working group and pushed for
html5 to be the official new version? Won't that mean there'll likely not be
anyone implementing xhtml2 when/if they ever finish writing their specs?

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas