Re: Issues list for HTML WG Re: dropping longdesc attribute

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:31:06 -0500
To: Martijn <martijn.martijn@gmail.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 14:19 +0200, Martijn wrote:
> 2007/6/25, Martijn <martijn.martijn@gmail.com>:
> > Ok, where should I post this then?
> Ok, Anne clarified to me offlist.
> I still think a proper bug tracking system is the way to go.

This rant applies to "I prefer X" messages about as
much as "we need X" messages...

Saying "we need X" as though we're a bunch
of customers who can demand service annoys me. We are the working
group. If we want work done, the most constructive thing is
to do it.

Is it really worth sending a message that says only "I prefer X"
to 400+ inboxes? If the message elaborated as to _why_ you prefer X,
it might at least give some useful information to
people who are doing some work.

I started with http://www.w3.org/html/wg/il16 ; I still
find it useful for my own purposes, but a lot more
work is going into the wiki issues list http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML ,
so I'm OK with using that too, for a while at least.

Some work was done toward using bugzilla (some consider
that a "proper bug tracking system") but I haven't
seen much investment in that direction since Terje
set it up ion 14 May. For details, see