Re: Issues list for HTML WG Re: dropping longdesc attribute

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 14:19 +0200, Martijn wrote:
> 2007/6/25, Martijn <martijn.martijn@gmail.com>:
> > Ok, where should I post this then?
>
> Ok, Anne clarified to me offlist.
> I still think a proper bug tracking system is the way to go.

This rant applies to "I prefer X" messages about as
much as "we need X" messages...

<rant>
Saying "we need X" as though we're a bunch
of customers who can demand service annoys me. We are the working
group. If we want work done, the most constructive thing is
to do it.
</rant>

Is it really worth sending a message that says only "I prefer X"
to 400+ inboxes? If the message elaborated as to _why_ you prefer X,
it might at least give some useful information to
people who are doing some work.

I started with http://www.w3.org/html/wg/il16 ; I still
find it useful for my own purposes, but a lot more
work is going into the wiki issues list http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML ,
so I'm OK with using that too, for a while at least.

Some work was done toward using bugzilla (some consider
that a "proper bug tracking system") but I haven't
seen much investment in that direction since Terje
set it up ion 14 May. For details, see
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/IssueTrackerRequirements