Re: Issues list for HTML WG

aloha, karl!

i have been attempting to keep a few issues alive on the ESW Wiki,
and have several more in composition (it takes a long time because
the ESW wiki won't accept normal HTML, leaving the output mostly
presentational) but what i wanted to communicate is that (a) i
will continue to do so, and (b) a week or 2 ago, i mounted an
HTML Working Group Wiki Space Index, which is located at:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/TableOfContents

and which is linked-to from the HTML wiki space's front page...

it was, at first, populated only by the results of ESW's internal
search functionality (searched string: HTML/*)

this may not be a formal bug tracker, but it is a means of
collating all HTML WG oriented wiki pages into a central
directory from which an ersatz bug tracker (or a real one)
can be generated...

so, i volunteer to do more consistent work on the wiki, especially
in light of all the proposals i've made so far -- and the counter
arguments -- are archived in accordance with the HTML/IssueTemplate

i hope this helps answer your question and request -- actually,
Laura C might be the best bet for overall-HTML WG wiki space
supervisor, and i promise to continue to contribute content and
assist in any way possible...

if anyone has raised an issue on the wiki that isn't indexed at:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/TableOfContents

PLEASE let me know, and it will be added -- or, if you're comfortable
using the wiki interface, you can add it yourself...

side note: i arranged the index alphabetically for now; i also
would like to remove the HTML/ prefix to the issue names, as it
defeats the purpose of alphabetizing and makes it more onerus on
the user -- keeping the HTML/ prefix in the index entry strikes
me as a very bad idea, because it would force those dependent on
lists of links and (a WCAG1 requirement) avoid repetitious hyperlink
text (that is, one has to traverse this list of links using the h
key, rather than by the actual issue name...  before i effected that
change, however, i thought it prudent to place the decision in the
hands of the chairs, editors, and WG, but i quote see unquote no
reason why the prefix HTML/ can't be removed from the index, for
useability's and accessibility's sake...

gregory.

BRAIN, n.  An apparatus with which we think we think.
              -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
         Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
     Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
Oedipus' Online Complexes: http://my.opera.com/oedipus/