Re: Choosing name for XML serialization (Was: Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft (XHTML5 and XHTML2))

On 25 Jun 2007, at 0025, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Saying it over and over is not evidence, it is just plain FUD. If
>> you want to claim that HTML5 is incompatible, please provide
>> evidence. Then we can either fix the spec or explain why you are
>> wrong.
>
> Ahem. How can you say it's compatible if - for instance - a widely
> used feature like the style attribute is removed?
>
> What am I missing here?

HTML5 consumers will be required to recognize @style and handle it in
a manner consistent with how it is handled today. The change is that
producers of conforming HTML5 will be prevented from using it. All
existing documents will continue to be rendered as they are now --
that is why HTML5 is compatible with legacy content.

hth,
Scott.