Re: relevance of diverse HTML authoring practices [was: Versioning re-visited ...]

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:35:06 +0900
Cc: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

Le 25 juin 2007 à 08:47, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> If I understand your proposal correctly, it is to have a
> specification for what browsers should implement, and then a
> separate real HTML5 that is completely uninformed by the browser
> specification. It seems to me, then, that this second specification
> would be an excercise in pointlessness, since by design browsers
> would not support it, and therefore content would have no reason to
> follow it.

Hmm the way I understand it.

* HTML Parsing for browsers is good, very good. And everyone
understands it now. I think most Web designers understood this part.
* At the same time Web developers/designers are asking for clear
semantics of simple HTML tags with a strict serialization.

Both are not incompatible at all, and that would be a nice compromise.
It is what is proposed in most cases.

Browsers consume HTML.
Web developers produce HTML.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/