[Fwd: Re: fear of "invisible metadata"]

Laura Carlson wrote:

> Empty summary attributes are acceptable in WCAG 2.0 on layout tables,
> but not recommended (W3C WCAG 2.0 [1]):
>
>> F46: Failure of SC 1.3.1 due to using th elements, caption elements,
>> or non-empty summary attributes in layout tables

Thats a little confusing, or maybe its the way its worded. Issues with
using layout tables aside for one moment, to be clear you fail if you
use non-empty summary attributes in layout tables, but surely using a
null value in your summary attribute (if that is to be considered empty)
for a layout table is a good idea as what we don't need is summary="here
is my layout table for the sites body content"?

Josh