Re: Introducing myself

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:30:20 -0500
To: Martyn Haigh <Martyn.Haigh@betfair.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 11:10 +0100, Martyn Haigh wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I joined last week as Betfair’s primary representative for this WG.
> Just wanted to say hello, and enquire as to the best place to start on
> getting up to speed on what’s happening; I’ve been reading the emails,
> but have missed the initial ones in quite a few threads.

The Working Group homepage is intended to be everything that a
new WG member needs to know to get up to speed. For new
stuff, it has a "Current and Upcoming Events" at the top,
typically up-to-date within a week or two, and for old stuff, it
has an edited history of the proceedings of the group at the bottom;
you're encouraged to read all the stuff cited there, plus
as much as the public-html@w3.org archive as you can manage.
  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/

In particular, the tasks survey asks for a little bit
of background about yourself, plus an indication of
what tasks you're here to help with.
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/tasks83/

> Feel free to contact me on my personal email to save clogging up
> everyone else’s inbox.

Thanks for being considerate of other people's inboxes, but I
think this sort of advice bears
repeating to the whole group once in a while.