Re: Common pool of examples and validation

From: Ben 'Cerbera' Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:40:39 +0100
To: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: "HTMLWG" <public-html@w3.org>

On Wednesday, June 13, 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Yeah, LF, CRLF or CR would work.

On Wednesday, June 13, 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> I'm pretty sure a document cannot conform to both HTML4 and HTML5 at  the
> same time due to different doctype requirements.

To the letter of the spec, that is true. [1] But maybe it will change [2].

Are conforming HTML4 documents legitimate test cases? I do, because HTML5
rules will be applied to them [3]. Would indicating HTML4 conformance be a
useful feature of the "conforming.txt" format, even though this prevents
perfect HTML5 conformance in these documents?

[2] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0318.html>