Note on terminology: Attribute types

From: Henrik Dvergsdal <henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:15:27 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

I think we will gain precision by using consistent, spec-wide
terminology to distinguish between DOM attributes and attributes
defined on elements (reflected by the DOM Attr interface). The spec
uses (at least) three different terms for the latter:

"attribute"
"content attribute"
"element attribute"

IMO "element attribute" is the most unambiguous and descriptive
alternative. At least, simply using "attribute" should be avoided.

--
Henrik D