Re: 3.12.8 dfn automatic cross-referencing

From: Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:04:09 -0500
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>

Hi Ben and Thomas,

I looks like you're trying to address the  same issues I sought to
address when I reviewed this subsection. You can read what I came up
with[1].

In addition to dealing with the association of definitions to terms,
abbreviations, variables etc, I was also trying to provide explicit
structure for definitions, provide a way for authors to give phonetic
pronunciations and also control the matching (case-sensitively versus
case-insensitively; scoped; handling variants).

Take care,
Rob

[1]: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jul/0987.html>