Re: ToolTips: bug or feature?

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:51:34 -0400
To: <public-html@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

In reading over this discussion, it seems that the spec is headed for
another disaster if it assumes that alt has less than equal atatus to the
element on which it resides.  In many cases, alt is the element so I propose
a way be found to move alt perhaps out of the attrib sector and elevated to
the status of perhaps sub element or if this cannot be achieved that we
treat alt as synonymus with element.