Re: 3.6. The root element

From: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:05:04 +1000
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

I do find the replies helpful! If we can make the spec clearer too,
that will be excellent. That's why it's a draft, right?

Perhaps this is another situation where the "element specific
attributes" section is insufficient. It might be good to have an
"XHTML considerations" section which explains that an xmlns is
required.

We should have a new section: "The xmlns attribute" This section
should given the recommended usage and contain the note about the HTML
DOM null namespace.

We should attempt to clarify the terminology throughout the spec: "in
HTML" seems ambiguous clear or should it be "in HTML serialisation" or
"in HTML DOM" or something else ... likewise with (X)HTML or XHTML or
"XML"