Re: Lack of AT implementors participation (was Comments on IRC log)

On Jul 29, 2007, at 9:09 PM, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

> At 08:56 +0900 UTC, on 2007-07-30, Karl Dubost wrote:
>
>> Le 28 juil. 2007 à 03:39, Sander Tekelenburg a écrit :
>>> I've suggested before that perhaps the chairs can actively approach
>>> those parties to get them involved. I haven't seen a response to
>>> that. I
>>> don't know if that means my suggestion went by unnoticed, was
>>> dimissed for
>>> whatever reason, or is being acted upon? :)
>>
>> AT as in Authoring Tools and/or Assistive Technologies
>
> I meant Assistive Technologies, sorry.
>
> We have a list of developers of Assitive Technolgies in the wiki:
> <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/UAs>.

Quickly looking at the list I would say we have some of the few key
representative participating already. The screen reader
representation might be a challenge since it is often focussed on
other tasks than HTML and CSS. However, we have Apple and Microsoft
represented: both making screen readers of varying abilities.
Representation by Freedom Scientific (JAWS), Dolphin (HAL),
Emacspeak, Orca, and WindowEyes would be nice.

In terms of aural browsing, Opera, IBM (Home Page Reader
(discontinued)) and Fire Vox are probably among the leaders: all
represented in our WG. For aural browsers, Emacspeak is probably the
only missing contender.

Obviously, we may not always have representatives from these
companies that are involved with those areas of the business, but the
companies/projects themselves are represented.

Take care,
Rob