Re: conflation of issues or convergence of interests?

From: Shawn Medero <smedero@ldc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:58:46 -0400
To: foliot@wats.ca, lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au, public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org,

> However, YouTube is in the "entertainment" category, so it is not
necessarily a good example.

I'm not sure that is a fair assessment of YouTube.

* I use it to watch Google's Tech Talk series
 and lots of presentations I generally can't attend in person
* There are a couple of research centers interested in using it for linguistics research
* Though you may call it entertainment - it was used for as part of a presidential debate in the US.

-s