Re: conflation of issues or convergence of interests?

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> I actually agree as well that we shouldn't ignore current use.
>But I don't think it's necessarily an either/or proposition. As with HTML 4, many authors may not have taken advantage of certain features,
>but some certainly did. Just ditching one feature because it's less used (or used incorrectly by well-meaning, but mistaken authors) takes
>away from the language, as it then forces the knowledgeable authors who were indeed using those features correctly to adapt to a lowest
>common denominator, impoverishing their content in the process.

I think this is a really important point and something the group should
be conscious of when finalizing (though that is a way off) the spec. New
aspects of the spec should be designed so authors don't have to feel
like they are re-inventing the wheel when marking up content. The new
HTML 5 language should have an intuitive usable feel. Like lego :-)

Josh