Re[2]: <meta name=register>, Browser as passive tool

From: Dmitry Turin <html60@narod.ru>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:38:23 +0300
To: public-html@w3.org

Good day, Julian.

>> If document has this META
>> <head>
>> </head>
>> let browser send to the following to server
>> <formdata>
>> </formdata>
>> at once after loading document.
JR> Do you have a concrete proposal how to do that over HTTP?

  We have __no requirement of compatibility__,
so why it should be necessarily
(1)   80-th port on browser side for 'messages of server by its initiative' ?
(2.1) exactly HTTP ?
   (for example, i'd like to prefer XML instead of HTTP.
   Besides my taste, this has consequences, going far:
   if we accept XML for backward messages,
   then there is hope,
   that we shall be able to replace HTTP by XML for forward messages
   - for messages, which we use now).
(2.2) current HTTP without extension ?

P.S.
  Apparently browser's window should send indentified of itself
with <meta name=register content=785>.

Dmitry Turin
HTML6     (6.3.0)  http://html6.by.ru
SQL4      (4.1.3)  http://sql40.chat.ru