Re: User Testing elements of HTML 5 spec

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:30:09 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

In light of recent threads and the general feeling on the list I wish to
offer the services of NCBI CFIT pro bono to the group in order to
furthur the development of the specification.

We have a full user testing facility and I (when I have time) would be
glad to help the group test the implementation of suggested elements and
authoring methods. We use Morae and can video the results if needed. We
have power users of all major screen readers (JAWS, WinEYES, ORCA, VO,
NVDA) on various platforms (Win, MAC, Various Linux) as well as users of
other assistive technology and they would be glad to help with this work.

As it is certainly better to light a candle rather than curse the
darkness - this maybe then a solid contribution to the groups work.

Josh