Re: Why HTML should be taught as HTML without pretending it is XML

On Jul 23, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2007, at 11:21 AM, Robert Burns wrote:

>> It certainly is a matter of consistency. If one sticks with only
>> non-namespace method calls, it will work with all three of those
>> approaches (unless you're saying that a later getElementById()
>> will not work for that element created by createElement())  Again,
>> that's where the consistency comes in: consistently using non-
>> namespace method calls (and of course staying away from compound
>> documents) .
>
> In an XHTML document and in cases where createElement() creates
> elements in the null namespace, using createElement() won't work.
> The default stylesheet won't apply, non-stylesheet rendering rules
> <form>) won't apply, and HTML-specific scripting interfaces won't
> be available.

Yes, but as the thread reveals, that's only Webkit that would be
effected and WebKit has since been "fixed". With WebKit changed, I'll
matters.  Although we are off-topic; the threads was about xml-like
syntax deployed as text/html and not as XML.

Take care,
Rob