On 7/20/07 8:58 AM, "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> If a browser were to implement it, it would be required to know about
> the syntax of and have syntax highlighting rules for various languages
> including C/C++, Java, HTML, XML, PHP, Python, Perl, and dozens of others.

I disagree. I don't expect any browser to ever implement the syntax
highlighting but I wouldn't be surprised id dozens of plug-ins, user
scripts, and extensions get created by users for every browser. As you say,
it's for an niche market.

Personally I use
<code>
with
code { white-space: pre }

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas