Re: Namespace

Andrew Sidwell wrote:
> is not using presentational elements.

Not exactly.  Span and div can have semantics that are expressed using
attributes, such as lang="".

http://lachy.id.au/log/2005/01/semantics-of.html

> "Meaningful class name" is oxymoronic, as far as UAs go, and I assume
> you're not suggesting that everyone reads HTML in source form.  A class
> name is an opaque string of text; "small" is no less meaningful than
> "copyright", or "fribblewibblewobble" for that matter.

In general, yes, but useful semantics comes from the agreement between
creator and consumer, and for class names, such agreements have been
reached through the Microformats community.  So class names convey
semantics under the right conditions.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/