Re: Using XSLT to output the HTML 5 DOCTYPE

From: Joe D'Andrea <jdandrea@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:03:55 -0400
To: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Jon Barnett" <jonbarnett@gmail.com>, "HTML Working Group" <public-html@w3.org>

On 7/13/07, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Jon Barnett wrote:
>
> > As far as I can tell, there is no way to make XSLT 1.0 or 2.0 output the
> > HTML 5 DOCTYPE.
>
> I do it now.  Warning: you might not *like* how I do it, but it does work ...

Aye. I had to pinch my nose while executing a similar maneuver[1].

It does the job, albeit not quite the way I'd prefer. Fortunately the
Google Search Appliance handles disable-output-escaping so I'm not
sweating it. Much. :)

- Joe D'Andrea

[1] http://code.google.com/p/gsa-xhtml-stylesheet/
(see "prologue" template in the multifunction version)